Are you suffering from advanced substance addiction? Visit our Virginia drug rehab today to take the first step toward recovery. At Safe Harbor Recovery Center, we follow the most effective treatment approaches that ensure wholesome healing.
What Is a Dual Diagnosis?
Dual diagnosis is when individuals with an addiction problem also suffer from a co-occurring mental disorder. Your therapist may develop a treatment plan to address the addiction issue along with the mental health problems. It is crucial to get treatment for the co-occurring mental health disorder to have the best chance at recovery.
As many as 45% of people with an addiction problem also suffer from a mental health disorder. Some of the most common co-occurring mental disorders include ADHD, bipolar disorder, depression, etc. Speak to one of our compassionate addiction treatment specialists to get help today.
What Are the Warning Signs of a Co-Occurring Disorder?
The symptoms of co-occurring disorders depend on factors such as the substance of abuse, and the severity of the addiction. Some of the warning signs include:
- Change in behavior
- Inability to manage routine tasks
- Avoiding family, loved ones, and friends
- Poor hygiene
- Cognitive impairments
- Thoughts of self-harm or suicide
- Poor performance at work and school
If you are dealing with a mental health disorder, seek help immediately. Early intervention is crucial for most mental health illnesses. Call us today.
Benefits of Outpatient Rehab
At our Virginia drug rehab, we recommend outpatient rehab for those individuals with a mild to moderate level of addiction. Outpatient programs are more flexible and offer the following benefits:
- Affordability - You can avoid the cost of lodging at a rehab center with an outpatient program. Outpatient programs are more affordable than inpatient rehab.
- Flexibility - Individuals with a commitment to family, work, and school sometimes find an outpatient program more suitable. Individuals only have to attend rehab for 1-2 hours a day, for 5-6 days a week. This allows you to stay in the comfort of your own home during treatment.
- Access to the family - Support from loved ones and family members plays a major role in the treatment process. Surrounding yourself only with people that care for you can keep you focused on the path to sobriety.
We offer the most effective outpatient rehab program at affordable prices. Get in touch with our team for more information about admissions.
Addiction as a Chronic Brain Disorder
According to the National Institute of Drug Abuse, addiction is defined as a chronic, relapsing disorder characterized by compulsive drug seeking, continued use despite harmful consequences, and long-lasting changes in the brain. It is considered both a complex brain disorder and a mental illness.
There are many harmful myths about drug addiction, but the most common one is that drug addiction is a moral failing. Addiction isn’t caused by lack of willpower or character defects. Once it takes hold, the grip of addiction is so strong that it’s essentially impossible to overcome without professional help.Virginia Drug Rehab